Thursday, 28 May 2015

Ice Cream Cupcakes!


I thought I'd jazz up a bake I did almost 2 years ago now for my daughter's Christening, these Ice Cream Cupcakes! For the Christening we baked all the sweets and desserts ourselves on the theme pink. Everything had to be pink. These were certainly one of the most commented on bakes we did. I thought I'd change things up a bit for the summer and put a summertime beach twist on these beauties.


 I stick to a very basic sponge recipe, simply because I know it works! You could use a chocolate sponge or add some food colouring to your mix to add some colour.


175g Butter
175g Caster Sugar
3 large Eggs
175g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Vanila Extract
1 tsp Baking Powder

To achieve these I tried out 2 methods. First time I made these I wrapped the cones in tin foil and pour my mixture in but I have seen them done by pouring the mixture in to a cupcake case, placing the cone on top (prick holes in the bottom of the cone) and bake. Both methods work, as long as for the second, the cone is completely flush with the bottom of the tin.


For the Icing I cheated....but these Betty Crocker buttercream style icing tubs are brilliant and done just the job. Mix in some sprinkle and top with some star decorations and there you have it. Beautiful Ice Cream Cupcakes perfect for summer. I cannot wait to bring these out at the summer BBQs .



5 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! This is the first time I've seen anything like it. What a wonderful idea. So simple but SO effective.

    Which method do you think gives a better result: pouring the mixture into the cones or placing the cones on top?

    Here's my post for the #mummymonday linky: https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/cute-butterfly-cupcakes-perfect-for-kids-of-all-ages/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to pour the mixture in to the cones and bake :) x

      Delete
  2. They look absolutely awesome and I am definitely going to give them a try this summer. Thanks for sharing the recipe and tips #MummyMondays

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing!! Thank you for sharing as my boys will love and I am going to try them #mummymonday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! I'll so be giving them a try #mummymonday x

    ReplyDelete