Saturday, 26 September 2015

The Fairytale Hairdresser and the Sugar Plum Fairy ~ Review

The FairyTale Hairdresser and the SUGAR PLUM FAIRY
By Abie Longstaff & Lauren Beard


Having previously read The Fairytale Hairdresser and the Little Mermaid, we were most pleased when we were asked if we would like to read and review the latest in The Fairytale Hairdresser series. When I opened it, Mia instantly recognised Kitty and wanted me to read her the story straight away.

"The Prince of the Land of Sweets has gone missing! Could the wicked Mouse King and Queen be to blame?" 

Once again, the front cover is beautiful and sparkly which we love. It's very pretty and girly which is right up our street. All the way through the illustrations are beautiful. They're detailed, bright and colourful and have got me all excited for winter and dare I say....Christmas.




Mia loves pointing out all the "crazy hair" and she says her favourite part of the story is when the naughty mice to eat the sweetie houses. I think this would make a lovely Christmas gift. 

The Fairytale Hairdresser and the Sugar Plum Fairy is out now and available to buy HERE.

Have you read any of the books from the series? What do you're little one's think of the stories?
MamaMummyMum
Family Fever

7 comments:

  1. the illustrations look lovely in this book. I haven't heard of this series before but they look lovely x
    #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look lovely, it's times like this I feel slightly sad that my daughter is too old for these kind of stories now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girls adore this collection of books, such a brilliant take on the fairytale! thanks for sharing with #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not seen these books before but I'm loving all the pink and sparkle. Another one to add to Monkey's christmas list! #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of these before. The illustrations are lovely x #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh Kitty Lacey, the best hairdresser in all the land!! We know her well in this household! We have the mermaid version with Coral and it's one of my favourite books! I love all the glitter and 'where's wally' type illustrations. I always find something different on the pages each time I look at it! This sound like a great addition to our collection! We're gonna have to get it! ;) #TriedTested x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous book!
    Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete