Tuesday, 20 October 2015

GRRRRR ~ By Rob Biddulph ~ Book Review

GRRRRR
By Rob Biddulph


 I opened the parcel and pulled out this book, before I was able to look at it Mia had asked to have it. Fine I thought, and awaited her to ask me to read it to her, or hear her say "I don't know the words" but no.. She plonked herself on the sofa with her cuddly toy and began to read it herself. Okay, she'll only almost 3 so no she wasn't reading the words, but from the pictures she was telling the story which whilst this is usually what I encourage, it was unusual for her to do this off her own back. Therefore I knew this book was going to be a hit straight away. I listened carefully and when she'd finished I ask her what the book was about. I then offered to read the words to her which I did, with her giving me her account on the book too.

So what's it about?
Grrrrr is a beautiful picture book. Fred the grizzly bear is the champian for the loudest growl in the forest, until one day he wakes up with no GRRRRR! Will Fred find his growl? And actually, does winning always count?


This is a lovely little book, with a lovely message. Friends really are the best prize of all. I love when books like this have short rhyming verses, for me it makes it easy and fun to read and for little ones I feel they connect with the story and can guess what words are coming next. The illustrations are bold and full of colour too.


Mia said her favourite bit was the bears roared. She was able to recognise the word "GRRRRR" very quickly and made the sound at the right times. Mia and Daddy love to read this together and compare the growls at each other! Which leads me nicely on to the app.

If you like the sound of the book, click HERE to go to the GRRRRR App where you can upload your little ones very best roar to get your own certificate and be in with a chance of winning a signed copy of the book. Mia's just done hers!


Do your kiddies have the winning roar???


MamaMummyMum
Family Fever
 Toddler Approved Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. aaaa love the look of this, the illustrations are so bright, definitely an eye catching book for little ones!! thanks for sharing with #readwithme

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous book, love the illustrations. Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine my monsters would love this book, off to take a look at the app now! Thanks for sharing on #ToddlerApprovedTuesday

    ReplyDelete