Thursday, 22 October 2015

#MilkDrinkersDrink Cravendale & Chocolate Cookies

#MilkDrinkersDrink


The nights are drawing in and the days getting colder. With that there's nothing more I love than cosy nights in, in front of the fire watching a movie with my two favourite people...and the kittens! Gone are the days of wine and movie nights, I struggle to finish a glass in the evening let alone a bottle. So now for something we can all enjoy. An ice cold glass of milk and some homemade cookies Mia and I have baked in the day. We make all kind of biscuits together but these chocolate cookies I'm going to share with you today, are the perfect snack with Cravendale.

Recipe

4oz Sugar
4oz Butter
4oz Plain Flour
1oz Cocoa
1tbsp Golden Syrup

  • Mix the butter and sugar together.
  • Add in the golden syrup
  • Fold in the flour and cocoa
  • Once the dough has formed, roll in to small balls with a diameter of 3cm
  • Place on to a baking tray, about 5cm apart so when cooked they don't touch, and bake for 10 minutes at 180°C
  • When done, let them cool for a few minutes on the tray before moving them onto your cooling rack. 

Fancy something extra chocolatey? Add in some chocolate chips (or even marshmallows (or both!!)) to the dough!

I recently purchased these cute milk bottles and coloured straws which have quickly become a favourite to drink out of and they look especially cute with milk.



Mia chooses Daddy a green straw, me a blue and herself a pink straw. She picks out the biggest cookie, chooses her bedtime story we settle down for the evening. It's the simplest of things that make the most precious memories, and I am loving making them with my little family.

This post is an entry for BritMums #MilkDrinkersDrink Linky Challenge, sponsored by Cravendale.



Link up your recipe of the week

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look so very tasty. Commenting for myself and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part.

    ReplyDelete