Monday, 12 October 2015

Toddler Halloween ~ Cupcakes

Halloween Bakes


I LOVE this time of the year for baking so I thought we'd kick start it by some Halloween bakes that Mia could join in with. These spooky cupcakes are super simple and use just a basic sponge mix. 
When made, I separated the mix in to different bowls and added some food colouring. I like the food colours gels as oppose to the liquids, I just find them not so runny and give a stronger colour. We choose orange, green and purple. 

For the icing, I made some butter cream and again initially separated the mix and added different food colour. Once i'd done the orange I thought i'd just go straight in with the purple and accidentally created this multicoloured effect which I love! There are tons of tutorials on mixing your coloured icing but this was an accident and I wasn't precise with the colours at all! For these Halloween themed cupcakes I think the icing looks great!

For the Decoration, I got these little spider toppers (and the web cases) from Asda and also the sweets which Mia used to make monster faces with. She had great fun creating her monsters! 

If you want to see our Halloween Bakes from last year the post is HERE

thumbnailsize
blogging mummy

7 comments:

  1. These look great and will definitely be going on my makey-do list for this month. Thanks for sharing #justanotherlinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the multicoloured icing! I'm making Halloween cakes for our school party and am definitely trying this! #anythinggoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE cake!!! I want to give these a go!! Your accident icing looks amazing!! #AnythingGoes

    http://ourworldandautism.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cake is always good, I love these though - very seasonal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! Thanks for linking up to #justanotherlinky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thos cupcakes look sooo yummy!

    Thank you for linking up with #justanotherlinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for linking up with #anythinggoes i love the rainbow colours cupcake icing thats fab. The scary face ones a perfect for any halloween party and may have a go at them myself to take to the party we are attending. x

    ReplyDelete