Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Halloween Bundt Cake


I'd been searching Pinterest for a while, looking for a different cake to do for Halloween. I'm planning on doing Mia a Halloween inspired tea party and wanted a cake centre piece.

Its cold, it's raining so thought i'd give one i'd found a practice go and seeing as it turned out pretty well I thought i'd share it!

The original post I was following is here but I just used a basic sponge recipe with a couple of twists so here's mine.


Recipe ~

225g Butter
225g Caster Sugar
225g Self Raising Flour
4 Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Flavouring

When I'd made my basic sponge mix with the above ingredients, i separated the mix into 4 bowls.
In one, I added orange food colouring and orange food flavouring.
In the second, just purple food colouring. In the third some green food colouring and in the last bowl some cocoa powder.
When putting the mixture in to the bundt tin, I layered the colours one at a time.
Cook at 180° for approximately 35 minutes. 

To decorate ~ 

Simply icing sugar and water separated in to 3 bowls and add the food colouring. I found some Halloween sprinkles in Asda and Mia done the final decorations! 



Okay, so It's not as good as the original post but, I'm not a pro baker and this is simply a fun activity to do with the kids. It also tastes great so hubby will be happy!  




If you'd like to see our previous Halloween bakes i'll post them below. 

 Halloween Cupcakes
 Halloween Bakes
Janine's Little World

No comments:

Post a Comment