Sunday, 2 October 2016

October



I've no idea how we're in to October already! That said, we personally have had a jam packed Summer so whilst the weeks have gone by quick, I'm pleased that we've filled them with some lovely memories. Autumn is one of my favourite times of year. Even though I hate the cold, I love the colours of Autumn, the dark cosy evenings, hot dinners...mmmm stews.. and the events in October.

We first went pumpkin picking two years ago, which is one of my favourite things to do in October. I also have a little girlies Birthday early next month so October sees me busy Birthday planning (and boy this year its good!) , I love Halloween and fireworks and dare I say planning for Christmas.


Back to Halloween. I'm keen to find toddler / preschooler friendly activities for Mia & I to do. Like I said we love pumpkin picking, but also she's a crafty girl so this weekend we headed down to Hobbeycraft and Mia chose some Halloween inspired bits to create.

First thing, which we did today were these super cute polystyrene pumpkins. They were 50p each! Which for the time and fun had with them were a bargain. Mia loved painting hers and poured glitter on top for the "hair". These were look really effective hanging on one of those table top trees.

Whilst we had the paints out, we collected apples from the garden and made pumpkin shapes by printing the apples. Super simple but again effective and lots of fun.

What Autumnal activities do you love doing together?



No comments:

Post a Comment